Removing an AC Power Supply from an EX4300 Switch
The power supplies in EX4300 switches are hot-removable and hot-insertable field-replaceable units (FRUs) installed in the rear panel of the switch: You can remove and replace them without powering off the switch or disrupting switch functions.
Before you remove a power supply from an EX4300 switch, ensure that you have taken the necessary precautions to prevent electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage (see Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage).
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available to remove a power supply from an EX4300 switch:
ESD grounding strap
Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2 (not provided)
Antistatic bag or an antistatic mat
Replacement power supply or a cover panel for the power supply slot
We recommend that you install either a replacement power supply or a cover panel in the empty power supply slot to prevent chassis overheating and dust accumulation.
The power supply slots are at the right end of the rear panel on 24-port and 48-port switches, and at the left end on 32-port switches. Figure 1 shows how to remove an AC power supply from 24-port or 48-port switches except EX4300-48MP and EX4300-48MP-S switches. The procedure is the same for 32-port switches. Figure 2 shows how to remove an AC power supply from EX4300-48MP and EX4300-48MP-S switches.
- Place the antistatic bag or the antistatic mat on a flat, stable surface.
- Wrap and fasten one end of an ESD wrist strap around your
bare wrist, and connect the other end of the strap to the ESD point
on the switch.
If only one power supply is installed in your EX4300 switch, you need to power off the switch before removing the power supply.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, set
it to the OFF (
- Gently pull out the male end of the power cord connected to the power source outlet.
- Remove the power cord from the power supply faceplate by detaching the power cord retainer and gently pulling out the female end of the power cord connected to the power supply faceplate.
- Slide the ejector lever toward the left until the power supply is unseated.
- Grasp the power supply handle and pull firmly to slide the power supply halfway out of the chassis.
- Place one hand under the power supply to support it and slide it completely out of the chassis. Take care not to touch power supply components, pins, leads, or solder connections.
- Place the power supply in the antistatic bag or on the antistatic mat placed on a flat, stable surface.
- If you are not replacing the power supply, install the cover panel over the slot.