Connecting the Modem to the Console Port on the SRX240 Services Gateway
To connect the dial-up modem to the console port on the services gateway:
- Turn off power to the services gateway.
- Turn off power to the modem.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable supplied with your services gateway into the console port.
- Plug the other end of the CAT-5e (Ethernet cable) into the RJ-45 to DB-9 serial port adapter supplied with your services gateway.
- Connect the serial port adapter to a separately purchased DB-9 socket to DB-25 plug adapter or other adapter appropriate for your modem.
- Plug the modem adapter into the DB-25 connector on the modem.
- Connect the modem to your telephone network.
- Turn on the power to the modem.
- Power on the services gateway by pressing the Power
button on the front panel. Verify that the Power LED on the front
panel turns green.
Most modems have an RS-232 DB-25 connector. You must separately purchase an adapter to connect your modem to the RJ-45 to DB-9 adapter and Ethernet cable supplied with the services gateway.