Configuring Basic Settings for the SRX240 Services Gateway with J-Web Quick Configuration
J-Web Quick Configuration allows you to configure basic settings. Figure 1 shows the Quick Configuration page for basic setup.
Figure 1: J-Web Quick Configuration Set Up Page
To configure basic settings with J-Web Quick Configuration:
- Connect a management device to the ge-0/0/0 interface on port 0/0/0.
- Select Configuration>Quick Configuration >Set Up if the Quick Configuration Set Up page is not displayed.
- Enter information into the Quick Configuration Set Up page, as described in Table 1.
- Click one of the following buttons:
- Click Apply to apply the configuration and remain on the Quick Configuration Set Up page.
- Click OK to apply the configuration and return to the Quick Configuration page.
- Click Cancel to cancel your entries and return to the Quick Configuration page.
Note: After initial configuration is complete, the services gateway stops functioning as a DHCP server. If you change the IP address of ge-0/0/0 and have the management device configured to use DHCP, you lose your DHCP lease and your connection to the services gateway through the J-Web interface. To reestablish a connection, either set the IP address on the management device manually or connect ge-0/0/0 to the management network and access the services gateway another way—for example, through the Console port.
Table 1: Quick Configuration Set Up Summary