Removing a GPIM from the SRX650 Services Gateway
Caution: You must power off the services gateway before removing or installing GPIMs. GPIMs are not Online Insertion and Removal (OIR) capable.
To remove a GPIM:
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis. For more information about ESD, see Preventing Electrostatic Discharge Damage to the SRX650 Services Gateway.
- Power off the services gateway.
- Label the cables connected to the GPIM so that you can later reconnect each cable to the correct GPIM.
- Disconnect the cables from the GPIM.
- If necessary, arrange the cables to prevent them
from dislodging or developing stress points.
Note: If you are removing a double-high, double-wide GPIM such as the 24-Port Ethernet XPIM, you must reinstall the center GPIM slot bracket. See Installing Double-High, Double-Wide GPIMs on the SRX650 Services Gateway.
- Using a Phillips (+) screwdriver, loosen the captive screws on each side of the GPIM faceplate.
- Grasp the handles on each side of the GPIM faceplate, and slide the GPIM out of the services gateway.
- Place the GPIM in an electrostatic bag or on an antistatic mat.
- If you are not reinstalling a GPIM into an empty
slot, install a blank GPIM faceplate over the empty slot to maintain
Note: When installing a blank GPIM faceplate, make sure that the padded side of the faceplate is facing up.