Configuring an NFX150 Device
You must perform the initial configuration of the NFX150 device through the console port using the command-line interface (CLI).
- Ensure that the NFX150 device is powered on.
- Connect to the console port:
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the console port on your NFX150 device.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the RJ-45—to—DB-9 serial port adapter shipped with your device.
- Connect the RJ-45—to—DB-9 serial port adapter
to the serial port on the management device. Use the following values
to configure the serial port:
Baud rate—9600; Parity—N; Data bits—8; Stop bits—1; Flow control—None.
Alternately, you can use the USB cable to connect to the mini-USB console port on the device. To use the mini-USB console port, you must download the USB driver from the following page and install it on the management device:
- Use any terminal emulation program, such as HyperTerminal, to connect to the device console. The CLI displays a login prompt.
- Log in as root and enter the
password juniper123. If the software completes
booting before you connect to the console, you might need to press
Enterkey for the prompt to appear:
- Start the CLI:
root@:~ # cli
- Enter configuration mode:
- Change the password for the root administration user account:
root@# set system root-authentication plain-text-password
New password: password
Retype new password: password
- Enable SSH service for the root user:
root@# set system services ssh root-login allow
- (Optional) Enable the Internet connection for devices
connected on LAN by setting the DNS IP:
root@# set access address-assignment pool junosDHCPPool family inet dhcp-attributes name-server dns-server-ip
- Commit the configuration:
To establish the connection:
- Connect the device to the Internet Service Provider (ISP)
by using the following step:
Connect one of the WAN ports such as
heth-0-5to the ISP. The device is assigned an IP address by the ISP through DHCP.
Optionally, you can obtain a SIM card from the ISP and connect the device through LTE.
The LTE expansion module must be purchased separately.
- Connect the laptop to one of the front panel LAN ports
heth-0-3. The laptop is assigned an IP address by the DHCP server running on the interface.
- Open a browser on your laptop, navigate to www.juniper.net, and verify your connectivity.