Discarding Parts of a Candidate Configuration
Before committing a candidate configuration, you can discard changes you applied or delete existing statements or identifiers.
To discard parts of a candidate configuration:
- Navigate to the level of the hierarchy you
want to edit and click Discard.
The main pane displays a list of target statements based on the hierarchy level and the changes you have made.
- Select an option button (also known as a radio
button) to specify the appropriate discard operation or deletion.
(Not all buttons appear in all situations.)
- Discard Changes Below This Point— Discards changes made to the candidate configuration at the displayed hierarchy level and below. All subordinate statements and identifiers contained within a discarded statement are also discarded.
- Discard All Changes— Discards all changes made to the candidate configuration.
- Delete Configuration Below This Point— Deletes all changes and statements in the candidate configuration at the displayed hierarchy level and below. All subordinate statements and identifiers contained within a deleted statement are also deleted.
- To confirm the discard operation or deletion,
To cancel a discard operation or deletion, click Cancel.
The updated candidate configuration does not take effect on the switching platform until you commit it.