JCS 1200 Management Module Connectors and LEDs
Figure 1 shows the input and output connectors on the management module.
Figure 1: JCS 1200 Management Module Input and Output Connectors
Figure 2 shows the location of LEDs and controls on the management module.
Figure 2: JCS 1200 Management Module LEDs and Controls
The management module consists of the following components:
- Serial connector—Use this connection to configure and manage the JCS 1200 components over a serial line through the management module CLI. This connector provides local access to the CLI and any Routing Engine. For example, you can connect a notebook computer to the serial connector and a terminal emulator program to configure the IP addresses, user accounts, and other management settings through the CLI user interface. See the JUNOS Protected System Domain Configuration Guide for more information.
- Video connector—The video connector is not supported.
- Console (Ethernet) connector—Use this connector for a remote Ethernet connection to a network management station on the network.
- Two USB ports for mouse and keyboard—The USB ports are not supported.
- Reset button—When you press this button, the blowers operate at full
speed while the management module is initializing.
The reset button provides the following functions:
- Press and release the reset button to restart the management module.
- Press and hold the reset button for 8 seconds to restore the management module to factory default settings.
- LEDs—There are five LEDs on the management module that provide status information about the management module and remote management connection. Table 1 describes the functions of these LEDs (see Figure 2).
Table 1: JCS 1200 Management Module LEDs