General Safety Guidelines and Warnings for M Series, MX Series, and T Series Routers
The general safety guidelines and warnings help ensure your safety and protect the router from damage. The list of guidelines might not address all potentially hazardous situations in your working environment, so be alert and exercise good judgment at all times.
- Perform only the procedures explicitly described in this documentation. Make sure that only authorized service personnel perform other system services.
- Keep the area around the chassis clear and free from dust before, during, and after installation.
- Keep tools away from areas where people could trip over them while walking.
- Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry, such as rings, bracelets, or chains, which could become caught in the chassis.
- Wear safety glasses if you are working under any conditions that could be hazardous to your eyes.
- Do not perform any actions that create a potential hazard to people or make the equipment unsafe.
- Never attempt to lift an object that is too heavy for one person to handle.
- Never install or manipulate wiring during electrical storms.
- Never install electrical jacks in wet locations unless the jacks are specifically designed for wet environments.
- Operate the router only when it is properly grounded.
- Replace fuses only with fuses of the same type and rating. (Applies only to the M320 and T320 routers.)
- Do not open or remove chassis covers or sheet metal parts unless instructions are provided in this documentation. Such an action could cause severe electrical shock.
- Do not push or force any objects through any opening in the chassis frame. Such an action could result in electrical shock or fire.
- Avoid spilling liquid onto the router chassis or onto any router component. Such an action could cause electrical shock or damage the router.
- Avoid touching uninsulated electrical wires or terminals that have not been disconnected from their power source. Such an action could cause electrical shock.
- The equipment is suitable for over voltage category CAT II per IEC 60664-1.