Preparing the Site for the MX2008 Router Overview
To prepare a site for router installation:
- Verify that environmental factors such as temperature and humidity do not exceed router tolerances. See:
- Verify that the site and installation plan meets all safety guidelines and requirements. See:
- Locate sites for connection of system grounding. See:
- Calculate the power consumption and requirements.
Measure distance between external power sources and the router installation site. See:
- Plan rack location, including required space clearances. See:
- Verify that the plan for power installation meets all electrical safety guidelines. See:
- Verify that your rack meets the minimum requirements for the installation of the router. See:
- Plan to secure the rack to the floor and building structure.
- Acquire cables and connections. See:
Determine the number of cables and type of cable needed based on your planned configuration.
Review the maximum distance allowed for each cable. Choose the length of cable based on the distance between the hardware components being connected. See:
- Plan the cable routing and management. See: