SRX 210 Services Gateway Rack Requirements
The SRX 210 services gateway can be installed in a rack. Many types of racks are acceptable, including front-mount racks and four-post (telco) racks.
Rack Size and Strength
When installing the services gateway in a rack, you must ensure that the rack complies with the following standard:
- A 19 in. (45.6 cm) rack as defined in Cabinets, Racks, Panels, and Associated Equipment (document number EIA-310-D) published by the Electronics Industry Association (http://www.eia.org).
When selecting a rack, ensure that the physical characteristics of the rack comply with the following specifications:
- The outer edges of the mounting brackets extend the width of either chassis to 19 in. (48.2 cm).
- The front of the chassis extends approximately 0.5 in. (1.27 cm) beyond the mounting ears.
Spacing of Mounting Bracket and Flange Holes
The spacing of the mounting brackets and flange holes on the rack and device mounting brackets are as follows:
- The holes within each rack set are spaced at 1 U (1.75 in. or 4.5 cm). The device can be mounted in any rack that provides holes or hole patterns spaced at 1 U (1.75 in. or 4.5 cm) increments.
- The mounting brackets and front-mount flanges used to attach the chassis to a rack are designed to fasten to holes spaced at rack distances of 1-U (1.75 in).
- The mounting holes in the mounting brackets provided with the device chassis are spaced 1.25 in. (3.2 cm) apart, measured from the center of each hole.
Connecting to the Building Structure
Always secure the rack in which you are installing the SRX 210 services gateway to the structure of the building. If your geographical area is subject to earthquakes, bolt the rack to the floor. For maximum stability, also secure the rack to ceiling brackets. For more information, see SRX 210 Services Gateway Rack Requirements.