SRX 210 Services Gateway Cabinet Requirements
The SRX 210 services gateway can be installed in a standard 800-mm (31.5-in.) or larger enclosed cabinet.
Cabinet Size and Clearance Requirements
You can install the SRX 210 services gateway in a 19 in. (48.3 cm) cabinet as defined in Cabinets, Racks, Panels, and Associated Equipment (document number EIA-310–D) published by the Electronics Industry Association (http://www.eia.org). You can mount the SRX 210 services gateway horizontally in the cabinet.
Note: The holes in the mounting brackets chassis are spaced 1.25 in. (3.2 cm) apart, measured from the center of the hole.
When selecting a cabinet, ensure that it meets the following specifications:
- The cabinet is at least 1 U (1.75 in. or 4.5 cm) high and can accommodate the device.
- The outer edges of the mounting brackets extend the width of either chassis to 19 in. (48.2 cm), and the front of the chassis extends approximately 0.5 in. (1.27 cm) beyond the mounting brackets.
- The minimum total clearance inside the cabinet is 30.7 in. (78 cm) between the inside of the front door and the inside of the rear door.
Note: A cabinet larger than the minimum required provides better airflow and reduces the chance of overheating.
Cabinet Airflow Requirements
When you mount the SRX 210 services gateway in a cabinet, you must ensure that ventilation through the cabinet is sufficient to prevent overheating. The requirements to consider when planning for chassis cooling are as follows:
- Ensure that the cool air supply you provide through the cabinet can adequately dissipate the thermal output of the device.
- Install the device as close as possible to the front of the cabinet so that the cable management system clears the inside of the front door. Installing the chassis close to the front of the cabinet maximizes the clearance in the rear of the cabinet for critical airflow.
- Route and dress all cables to minimize the blockage of airflow to and from the chassis.