Preparing the SRX 210 Services Gateway for Rack-Mount Installation
You can mount an SRX 210 services gateway on four-post (telco) racks, enclosed cabinets, and open-frame racks. Center mount racks are not supported.
Before mounting the SRX 210 services gateway in a rack:
- Verify that the site meets the requirements described in Site Preparation Checklist for the SRX 210 Services Gateway.
- Verify that the racks or cabinets meet the specific requirements described in SRX 210 Services Gateway Rack Requirements.
- Place the rack or cabinet in its permanent location, allowing adequate clearance for airflow and maintenance, and secure it to the building structure. For more information, see Clearance Requirements for Airflow and Hardware Maintenance of the SRX 210 Services Gateway.
- Remove the services gateway chassis from the shipping carton. For unpacking instructions, see Unpacking the SRX 210 Services Gateway.
- Verify that you have the following parts available in
your rack-mounting kit for the SRX 210 services gateway:
- Rack-mounting brackets
Note: The rack-mounting kit is not shipped with the device.