MX10008 Installation Overview
The MX10008 is a rigid sheet-metal router-chassis that houses the other hardware components such as RCBs, Switch Fabric Boards (SFBs), power supplies, fan trays, and line cards. The router chassis ships in a cardbox box that has a two-layer wooden pallet base. The router chassis is bolted to the pallet base. You can install an MX10008 router in a standard 19 in. (483 mm) equipment rack by using the supplied rack mount kit and the flange that is attached to the chassis.
To install the MX10008:
- Unpack the router following the instructions in Unpacking the MX10008.
- Mount the chassis in the rack following either the instructions
in Manually Mounting an MX10008 in a 4-Post Rack or in Mounting an MX10008 in a 4-Post Rack Using a Mechanical Lift.
Because of the weight of the chassis, mounting using a mechanical lift is preferred as the easiest and safest method.
- Install the line cards following the instructions in Installing an MPC.
- Connect the chassis to earth ground by following the instructions in Connecting an MX10000 to Earth Ground.
- Connect power to the power supplies following either the instructions in Connecting AC Power to an MX10000 or Connecting DC Power to an MX10000.
- Connect to the network.
To connect the router to a network for out-of-band management, follow instructions in Connecting an MX10008 to a Network for Out-of-Band Management.
To connect the router to a management console, follow instructions in Connecting a Device to a Management Console by Using an RJ-45 Connector.
- Configure the router by following the instructions in Configuring an MX10008 Router.
- Install optional equipment such as the cable management system. See Installing the Cable Management System.