Part 1, Mounting the Switch into a 4 Post Rack
The QFX5200-32C and QFX5200-32C-L can only be mounted in a four-post rack configuration. To mount the device in a 19-inch rack:
- Attach the ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist and
to a site ESD point
Ensure that you understand how to prevent ESD damage by proper use of an ESD grounding strap.
- Place the rack in its permanent location, allowing adequate
clearance for airflow and maintenance, and secure it to the building
If you are mounting multiple units in the rack, mount the heaviest unit at the bottom and mount the others from bottom to top in order of decreasing weight. The switch weighs approximately 23.5 lb (10.66 kg). Installing the QFX5200-32C in a rack or cabinet requires two people to lift the switch and secure it to the rack.
- Align the holes in the side mounting-rail with the holes on the side of the chassis as shown in Figure 1.
- Attach the side mounting-rail to the switch using six mounting screws.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 on the opposite side of the chassis.
- Have one person grasp both sides of the switch, lift it, and position it in the rack so that the front bracket is aligned with the rack holes.
- Have a second person secure the front of the switch to the rack using four mounting screws (and cage nuts and washers if your rack requires them.) Tighten the screws
- Continue to support the switch while sliding the rear mounting-blades into the channel of the side mounting-rails and securing the blades to the rack. Use the four mounting screws (and cage nuts and washers if your rack requires them) to attach each blade to the rack. Tighten the screws.
- Ensure that the switch chassis is level by verifying that all the screws on the front of the rack are aligned with the screws at the back of the rack.