Part 3: Mount the Switch on Four Posts of a Rack
You can mount a QFX5120 switch on four posts of a 19-in. rack or an ETSI rack. This section describes the procedure to mount the switch on a 19-in. rack.
Mounting a QFX5120 switch requires one person to lift the switch and a second person to install the mounting screws to secure the switch to the rack.
The QFX5120-48Y switch with one power supply installed in it weighs approximately 23.7 lb (10.75 kg). The QFX5120-32C switch with one power supply installed in it weighs approximately 21.12 lb (9.12 kg)
- Place the rack in its permanent location, allowing adequate
clearance for airflow and maintenance, and secure the rack to the
While mounting multiple units on a rack, mount the heaviest unit at the bottom and mount the other units from the bottom to the top in decreasing order of weight.
- Place the switch on a flat, stable surface.
- Position the front-mounting brackets along the side panels of the chassis, aligning them with the front panel.
- Attach the brackets to the chassis by using the mounting screws. Tighten the screws (see Figure 6). When you install the QFX5120-32C chassis, after you attach the front-mounting brackets to the chassis, align the holes for mounting rails and attach the rails with screws (see Figure 7 and Figure 8).
- Have one person grasp both sides of the switch, lift the switch, and position it in the rack, aligning the mounting bracket holes with the threaded holes in the rack rail. Align the bottom hole in each mounting bracket with a hole in each rail, making sure that the chassis is level (see Figure 9 and Figure 10).
- Have the second person secure the switch to the rack by inserting the screws appropriate for the rack through the bracket and the threaded holes on the rack. Tighten the screws.
- On the rear of the QFX5120-48Y switch chassis, slide the rear-mounting brackets into the front-mounting brackets on either side of the chassis until the rear-mounting brackets contact the rack rails (see Figure 11). On the rear of the QFX5120-32C switch chassis, slide the rear-mounting bracket into the rails (see Figure 12).
- Secure the rear-mounting brackets to the rear posts by using the screws appropriate for your rack (see Figure 13). When you install QFX5120-32C, secure the mounting rails to the rear mounting brackets using two washer head screws. Tighten the screws (see Figure 14).
- Ensure that the chassis is level by verifying that all the screws on the front posts of the rack are aligned with the screws on the rear posts of the rack.