Step 1: Unpack the QFX5120 Switch
We ship QFX5120 switches in a cardboard carton, secured with foam packing material.
QFX5120 switches are maximally protected inside the shipping carton. Do not unpack the switches until you are ready to begin installation.
To unpack the switch:
- Move the shipping carton to a staging area as close to the installation site as possible, but where you have enough room to remove the system components.
- Position the carton so that the arrows marked on the carton are pointing up.
- Open the top flaps on the shipping carton.
- Pull out the packing material holding the switch in place.
- Verify the parts received against the inventory on the label attached to the carton.
- Save the shipping carton and packing materials in case you need to move or ship the switch later.