Part 3: Mount the Switch on Four Posts of a Rack
You can mount the switch on four posts of a 19-in. rack or cabinet by using the mounting brackets provided with the switch. Two persons are required for this procedure. To mount the switch on four posts of a rack (see Figure 4):
- Place the rack or cabinet in its permanent location, allowing
adequate clearance for airflow and maintenance, and secure it to the
While mounting multiple units on a rack, mount the heaviest unit at the bottom and mount the other units from the bottom to the top in decreasing order of weight.
- Position the mounting brackets along the side panels of the chassis aligning them with the front panel side, the rear panel side, or with the center of the side panels depending on how you want to mount the switch (see Figure 5).
- Attach the brackets to the chassis by using the mounting
screws. Tighten the screws.
The switch with one power supply installed in it weighs approximately 15.4 lb (7 kg). Installing the switch requires one person to lift it and a second person to secure it to the rack.
- Have one person grasp both sides of the switch, lift the switch, and position it in the rack, aligning the mounting bracket holes with the threaded holes in the rack rail. Align the bottom hole in each mounting bracket with a hole in each rail, making sure that the chassis is level.
- Have the second person secure the chassis to the rack by using appropriate screws. Tighten the screws.