Access the NFX350 Device
- Ensure that the NFX350 device is powered on.
- Connect to the console port:
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the console port on your NFX350 device.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the RJ-45—to—DB-9 serial port adapter shipped with your device.
- Connect the RJ-45—to—DB-9 serial port adapter
to the serial port on the management device. Use the following values
to configure the serial port:
Baud rate—9600; Parity—N; Data bits—8; Stop bits—1; Flow control—None.
Alternately, you can use the USB cable to connect to the mini-USB console port on the device. To use the mini-USB console port, you must download the USB driver from the following page and install it on the management device:
- Use any terminal emulation program, such as HyperTerminal, to connect to the device console. The CLI displays a login prompt.
- Log in as root. If the software
completes booting before you connect to the console, you might need
to press the
Enterkey for the prompt to appear:
- Start the CLI:
root@:~ # cli
- Enter configuration mode:
- Change the password for the root administration user account:
root@# set system root-authentication plain-text-password
New password: password
Retype new password: password
- Enable SSH service for the root user:
root@# set system services ssh root-login allow
- (Optional) Enable WAN connection for devices connected
root@# set access address-assignment pool junosDHCPPool family inet dhcp-attributes name-server dns-server-ip
- Commit the configuration: