Mounting an NFX350 Device on Four Posts in a Rack or Cabinet
To mount an NFX350 device on a rack, you require the parts that are shipped with the device along with the following additional parts and equipment. These are not shipped with the device.
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap
Four screws to secure the chassis and mounting bracket to the rack
Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2
Management host, such as a PC or laptop, with a serial port
Two 10-32 x .25 inch screws with #10 split-lock washer
Two #10 flat washers
Grounding cable (minimum 14 AWG (2 mm²), minimum 90°C wire), grounding lug (Panduit LCC10-14BWL or equivalent), a pair of 10-32x.25-in. screws, and a pair of flat washers
For information about installing the grounding cable, see the NFX350 Hardware Guide available at:
You can mount the device a four-post rack by using the mounting brackets provided with the device.
The device weighs approximately 9.4 lb (4.3 kg). Two persons are required for mounting the device.
Ensure that the rack is in its permanent location, allowing adequate clearance for airflow and maintenance, and secured to the building structure.
If you are mounting multiple units in the rack, mount the heaviest unit at the bottom and mount the other units from bottom to top in the order of decreasing weight.
Wrap and fasten one end of the ESD grounding strap around your wrist and connect the other end to a site ESD point.
To mount the device on a rack:
- Align the mounting brackets along the front or rear of the side panels of the chassis— depending on whether you will front-mount or rear-mount the device—and attach the mounting brackets to the chassis by using the mounting bracket screws. Tighten the screws.
- Have one person grasp both sides of the device, lift the device, and position it in the rack, aligning the mounting bracket holes with the threaded holes in the rack rail. Align the bottom hole in each mounting bracket with a hole in each rack rail, making sure that the chassis is level.
- Have the second person use the rack-mounting screws (and cage nuts and washers if your rack requires them) to attach the mounting brackets to the rack.
- Slide the rear mounting-blades into the front-mounting brackets.
- Attach the rear mounting-blades to the rear post by using the appropriate screws for your rack. Tighten the screws.
- Ensure that the device chassis is level by verifying that all the screws on the front of the rack are aligned with the screws at the back of the rack.