Report an Error]
General Safety Guidelines and Warnings
The following guidelines help ensure your
safety and protect the EX-series switch from damage. The list of guidelines
might not address all potentially hazardous situations in your working
environment, so be alert and exercise good judgment at all times.
- Perform only the procedures explicitly described in the
hardware documentation for this product. Make sure that only authorized
service personnel perform other system services.
- Keep the area around the chassis clear and free from dust
before, during, and after installation.
- Keep tools away from areas where people could trip over
them while walking.
- Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry, such as rings,
bracelets, or chains, which could become caught in the chassis.
- Wear safety glasses if you are working under any conditions
that could be hazardous to your eyes.
- Do not perform any actions that create a potential hazard
to people or make the equipment unsafe.
- Never attempt to lift an object that is too heavy for
one person to handle.
- Never install or manipulate wiring during electrical storms.
- Never install electrical jacks in wet locations unless
the jacks are specifically designed for wet environments.
- Operate the EX-series switch only when it is properly
- Ensure that the separate protective earthing terminal
provided on this product is permanently connected to earth.
- Replace fuses only with fuses of the same type and rating.
- Do not open or remove chassis covers or sheet-metal parts
unless instructions are provided in the hardware documentation for
this product. Such an action could cause severe electrical shock.
- Do not push or force any objects through any opening in
the chassis frame. Such an action could result in electrical shock
- Avoid spilling liquid onto the EX-series switch chassis
or onto any switch component. Such an action could cause electrical
shock or damage the switch.
- Avoid touching uninsulated electrical wires or terminals
that have not been disconnected from their power source. Such an action
could cause electrical shock.
- Always ensure that all modules, power supplies, and blanks
are fully inserted and that the installation screws are fully tightened.
Report an Error]