Part 1: Mount the Device
The ACX6360 can be mounted in a 19-inch four-post rack.
To mount the device in a standard 19-inch rack:
- Attach the ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist and
to a site ESD point.
If you are mounting multiple units in the rack, mount the heaviest unit at the bottom and mount the others from bottom to top in order of decreasing weight. The ACX6360 weighs approximately 30.4 lbs (13.8 kg). Installing the router in a rack requires two people to lift the device and secure it to the rack.
- Place the rack in its permanent location, allowing adequate clearance for airflow and maintenance, and secure it to the building structure.
- Determine whether the end with field replaceable units (FRUs) or the ports are to be placed at the front of the rack.
- Align the holes in the mounting-rail with the holes on the side of the chassis.
- Attach the mounting-rail to the router using six mounting
- Repeat Step 4 and Step 5 on the opposite side of the router.
- Have one person grasp both sides of the router, lift it, and position it in the rack so that the front bracket is aligned with the rack holes.
- Have a second person secure the front of the router to the rack using four mounting screws (and cage nuts and washers if your rack requires them.) Tighten the screws.
- Continue to support the router while sliding the rear mounting-blades into the channel of the side mounting-rails and securing the blades to the rack. Use the four mounting screws (and cage nuts and washers if your rack requires them) to attach each blade to the rack. Tighten the screws.
- Ensure that the router chassis is level by verifying that
all the screws on the front of the rack are aligned with the screws
at the back of the rack.
- Attach a grounding cable to earth ground and then attach it to the chassis grounding points (on the side of the chassis).