Connecting AC Power to the Junos Space Appliance
Before you begin connecting AC power to a Junos Space Appliance:
Ensure that you have grounded the appliance.
Grounding for Junos Space Appliances is provided through the power supply ground. Ensure that you connect the AC power supply module in the appliance into a grounded AC power outlet by using an AC power cord (with the grounding pin) appropriate for your geographical location. (See AC Power Cord Specifications for Junos Space Appliances for more information).
Install the power supply module in the chassis. For instructions on installing a power supply module in a Junos Space Appliance, refer to the Replacing the AC Power Supply Module on a Junos Space Appliance topic.
Each power supply module must be connected to a dedicated power source outlet.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available:
(Optional) Electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap
A power cord appropriate for your geographical location
To connect AC power to the Junos Space Appliance, do the following:
- (Optional) Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to an external ESD point.
- Ensure that the power supply module is fully inserted into the chassis.
- Squeeze the two sides of the power cord retainer clip and insert the L-shaped ends of the wire clip into the holes in the bracket on each side of the AC power cord inlet on the faceplate of the AC power supply module, as shown in Figure 9.
- Locate the power cord or cords shipped with the appliance;
the cords have plugs appropriate for your geographical location
Ensure that the power cord does not block access to appliance components or drape where people can trip on it.
- Insert the coupler end of the power cord into the AC power cord inlet on the faceplate of the AC power supply module.
- Push the cord into the slot in the adjustment nut of the power cord retainer. Turn the nut until it is tight against the base of the coupler and the slot in the nut is turned 90° from the top of the appliance, as shown in Figure 9.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, set it to the OFF position.
- Insert the power cord plug into an AC power source outlet.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, set it to the ON position.
The Junos Space Appliance starts powering on when you supply power to the power supply module. If the power supply module is correctly installed and functioning normally, the LED on the power supply module displays green when the power supply module is powering the appliance, and amber when the power supply module is in standby mode (not powering the appliance).