Maintaining the Junos Space Appliance
For optimum performance of the Junos Space appliance, perform preventive maintenance procedures.
On a regular basis, ensure that you do the following:
- Keep the site as dust-free as possible; dust can clog air intake vents and filters, reducing the efficiency of the appliance cooling system.
- Inspect the site to ensure that the grounding and power cables connected to the Junos Space appliance are securely in place and that there is no moisture accumulating near the appliance.
- Ensure that the power and grounding cables are arranged so that they do not obstruct access to other components.
- Keep the area around the chassis free from dust and conductive material, such as metal flakes.
- Maintain ambient airflow for normal appliance operation. If the airflow is blocked or restricted, or if the intake air is too warm, the appliance might overheat.