Unpacking the JA2500 Junos Space Appliance
The JA2500 Junos Space Appliance is shipped in a cardboard carton along with the items listed in Table 18.
The JA2500 appliance is maximally protected inside the shipping carton. Do not unpack it until you are ready to begin installation.
The shipping dimensions of a JA2500 appliance are 17.81 in x 17.31 in x 3.5 in (45.2 cm x 44 cm x 8.89 cm), and the appliance shipping weight is 28.05 lb (12.72 kg).. Use the correct lifting technique when you move the appliance. (Refer to Chassis Lifting Guidelines for Junos Space Appliances for more details.)
To unpack the appliance, do the following:
- Move the shipping carton to a staging area as close to the installation site as possible, ensuring that you have enough room to remove the system components.
- Position the carton so that the arrows are pointing up.
- Open the top flaps on the shipping carton.
- Pull out the packing material holding the appliance in place.
- Read the General Safety Guidelines and Warnings carefully.
- Remove the appliance from the shipping carton.
- Verify the appliance chassis components received against the packing list. Table 18 lists the items provided with the appliance.
- Save the shipping carton and packing materials in case you need to move or ship the appliance later.
Table 18: Items in the JA2500 Appliance Shipping Carton
Junos Space JA2500 appliance chassis
RJ–45 to DB–9F cable with adapter, 7 ft console cable
7-ft, blue, Category 5e cable
Safety Information Reference for Hardware Platforms