Replacing DC Power Supply Cables on the JSA Appliance
To replace a DC power supply cable connected to a JSA appliance:
- Attach an ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Switch off the external circuit breakers for all the cables attached to the power supply. Make sure that the voltage across the DC power source cable leads is 0 V and that there is no chance that the cables might become active during the removal process.
- Remove the clear plastic cover over the terminal studs on the faceplate.
- Remove the power cable from the DC power source.
Ensure the cable is not touching or in the way of any components, and that it does not drape where people could trip on it.
- Attach the power cable to the DC power source. For more information, see Connecting JSA to a DC Power Source.
- Replace the clear plastic cover over the terminal studs on the faceplate.
- If the power supply is correctly installed and functioning normally, the supply automatically powers up.