Configuring the JATP700
Selecting the Form Factor
To select a form factor:
- At the console prompt, log in to JATP with the following
default credentials: username admin and the password 1JATP234.
The username is case sensitive.
- Press Enter.
The End User License Agreement (EULA) appears.
- Read the information and press the Spacebar to advance each window until you have reached the end of the agreement.
- Type Yes to accept the agreement, and then press Enter.
- Enter a new CLI admin password to change the default password
and then press Enter.
The password must be at least eight characters long.
- Reenter the new password and then press Enter.
Juniper Networks Advanced Threat Prevention window appears. See Figure 1.
- Type Yes if you want to change the appliance form factor.
If you type No, then:
Type Yes to confirm that you do not want to change the appliance form factor.
Proceed to Step 10.
- Enter a number from 1-4 to choose your desired form factor. For example, enter 2 to change the All-In-One to Traffic Collector form factor.
- Type Yes to reconfirm to change the current form factor
of the appliance.
Services are restarted and a successful confirmation message displays about the change of the form factor.
- Type Yes to configure the system by using the configuration wizard.
Configuring the IP Address and Domain Name Servers
To configure the JATP network settings, enter the values for the following parameters:
Use the up or down arrow keys to navigate the fields.
- Enter the IP address of the management interface (eth0).
- Enter the network mask address for the eth0 interface.
- Enter the default gateway for the eth0 interface.
- Enter the primary DNS server for the eth0 interface.
- (Optional) Type Yes and enter the secondary DNS server for the eth0 interface.
- (Optional) Type Yes and enter
the search domain for the eth0 interface. For example, example.com.
Provide a space to enter multiple search domains.
- Type Yes and press Enter to restart the management (eth0) interface.
The network interface restart can take up to 60 seconds or more.
Configuring the Device Host Name
To configure the device host name:
- Enter a valid hostname. For example, JATP700.
Enter a unique name for the host and do not include the domain.
Updates server to JATP700.example.com.
- Type Yes to create a new SSL
certificate for the JATP Appliance Server Web UI. See Figure 2.
If you decline the self-signed certificate by entering No, the JATP700 appliance will continue to use the existing certificates. These certificates might contain an incorrect hostname or fully qualified domain name (FQDN). To resolve this issue on the Web UI, regenerate a new self-signed SSL certificate or upload your private key and certificate. For more information on the certificates, see the Managing Certificates section in the Operator’s Guide.
SSL self-signed certificate is regenerated successfully and the hostname will be updated after the next login.
Configuring the Alternate Exhaust Interface
To configure the alternate exhaust interface:
- (Optional) Type No to not to
use the alternate exhaust interface for the analysis engine exhaust
Alternate exhaust interface is used for external connectivity in threat detection.
You can configure alternate exhaust interface only for Core or All-In-One appliance.
Configuring the Device Basic Attributes
To configure basic server attributes:
- Type Yes if the device is a
Core, an All-In-One, or a Manager of Central Managers (MCM) system.
See Figure 3.
If your device is a Traffic Collector, a Secondary Core, or an Email Collector, type No and enter the Core or All-In-One IP address.
- Enter the device name.
- Enter the device description.
- Enter the device key passphrase.
You must enclose the special characters white space and \ in double quotation marks.
- Press Enter to complete the
All services are restarted. You are now ready to access JATP.
- Type exit and press Enter.
Accessing the JATP Interface
To access a Juniper Advanced Threat Prevention (JATP) interface:
Open your Web browser.
Log in to your JATP appliance: https://<IP Address>
Where <IP Address> is the IP address of the JATP appliance.
Enter the default username admin and the default password juniper. See Figure 4.
Ensure to change the default password after the login. The password must be at least eight characters long.
Click Log In.
The JATP interface appears.