Installing the Core/CM System
To Install the Core/CM Software Images
- Access and download the raw image from the URL provided by Juniper and convert the raw image to a bootable image. Create a bootable USB drive using this image. Kingston USB flash drives are recommended. There are additional components (sandbox images) required for full functionality. These are downloaded automatically at 12:00am local time after the initial system configuration is complete. (Systems are shipped in PST timezone by default.)
- Connect the eth0 management network interfaces on the server that will host the Juniper ATP Appliance software and confirm they are active links before beginning the software installation. ISO installation requires at least an active eth0 connection.
- Insert the USB drive containing the bootable ISO image to the USB port of the server that will host the Juniper ATP Appliance Core/CM software.
- At the menu display, select only this option: INSTALL Juniper ATP Appliance SOFTWARE. If you do not see Juniper ATP Appliance Software on the USB drive, select/deselect UEFI boot mode in BIOS.
- Follow the prompt to remove the USB; the system will reboot itself. This reboot may take up to 20 minutes.
- After reboot, the Juniper ATP Appliance CLI prompt appears.
At the CLI, log in to the Juniper ATP Appliance CLI with the username
adminand the password
- You will be prompted to insert the 2nd USB drive and to
install the second bootable image; answer the prompts:
Do you want to update the guest images automatically [y/n]: n
Do you want to import the guest images from a URL [y/n]: n
- The End User License Agreement (EULA) displays; review
the displayed EULA and press q to continue.
When prompted to accept the Juniper ATP Appliance End User License Agreement (EULA), enter
yes. Configuration cannot continue until the EULA is accepted.
At the prompt, enter a new CLI administrator password. Weak passwords are not accepted. Note that the CLI admin password is maintained separately from the Juniper ATP Appliance Central Manager Web UI interface. The CM Web UI supports passwords up to 32 characters, and at least 8 characters. Letters (uppercase/lowercase), numbers, and special characters can be used with the exception of double-quotes (”), spaces, or backslash characters (\) in passwords.
- Prompts for the Configuration Wizard will be displayed. Respond to the Configuration Wizard questions using the following responses outlined in the section Configuring the Juniper ATP Appliance Core/CM System from the CLI.
- After completing the CLI Configuration Wizard, install our Juniper ATP Appliance license using the Juniper ATP Appliance Central Manager Web UI Config tab.
When the Configuration Wizard exits to display the CLI, you may use the following commands to view interface configurations and to whitelist an Email Collector (in distributed systems) if one is already installed and configured.
Accessing the Juniper ATP Appliance Central Manager Web UI
To access the Juniper ATP Appliance Central Manager (CM) Web UI, use HTTP/HTTPS; enter the configured Juniper ATP Appliance Server IP address or hostname in any web browser address field, and accept the SSL certificate when prompted. You are required to log into the CM Web UI.
To log into the Central Manager
- In the Juniper ATP Appliance Login window, enter the default
adminand the password
The Juniper ATP Appliance Web UI login username and password are separate from the CLI admin username and password.
- When prompted to reset the password, re-enter the password
juniperas the “old” password, and enter a new password (twice).
- At login, the Juniper ATP Appliance Central Manager Dashboard is displayed, as shown below. The Dashboard tab includes aggregated malware detection information and provides system status and health information. Additional configurations are made from the Configuration tab. Refer to the Operator’s Guide for more information.
Starting in release 5.0.3, FIPS mode is supported. FIPS mode requires stronger passwords and keys than non-FIPS mode. See FIPS Mode Overview for details.