Returning CTP Products for Repair or Replacement
In the event of a hardware failure, please contact Juniper Networks to obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number. This number is necessary to ensure proper tracking and handling of returned material at the factory. Do not return any hardware until you have received an RMA. Juniper Networks reserves the right to refuse shipments that do not have an RMA. Refused shipments are returned to the shipper through collect freight.
If possible, use the original shipping crate, pallet, and packing materials in which the chassis was originally shipped. If these materials are unavailable, use comparable shipping material, or contact your Juniper Networks representative for information about approved packaging material.
See the customer support Web page for complete repair and return policies and procedures.
To pack the chassis for shipment:
- Ground yourself by using an antistatic wrist strap or other device.
- Issue the proper shutdown commands to halt your system.
- Switch all power switches to the OFF position.
- Remove all cables from the chassis.
- Remove all major components from the chassis, including interface modules, processor modules, RTMs, and fan trays.
- Remove the chassis from the rack and bolt it to the shipping pallet.
- Cover the chassis with an ESD bag and place packing foam on top of and around the chassis.
- Place the crate cover over the chassis and fasten the cover to the pallet.