Installing the CTP2000 Platform in a Rack
To install the CTP platform in a rack, you need:
Four 10-32 x 3/8 Phillips screws for each device to be installed
Follow these guidelines:
- Following your installation plan, use a tape measure and marking pen to measure and mark space on each equipment rack for each platform component. For horizontal spacing, follow Network Equipment Building System (NEBS) requirements.
- With one person standing on the left side of the device and another standing on the right side, lift the device into the rack.
- Position the device in its designated location in the equipment rack. Make sure the holes of the mounting brackets align evenly with the holes of the equipment rack on both sides.
- Starting at the bottom of the device, secure the device in the equipment rack by using the 10-32 x 3/8 Phillips screws. Have a third person do this for the larger and heavier CTP chassis.
- Connect the necessary cables. (SeeCabling the CTP2000 Platform Overview for instructions about installing the cables.)