Removing a CTP Interface Module, Processor Module, or Clock Module
We recommend that you issue the slot disable command from the CLI before removing a line module.
If you do not use the halt command before powering down the CTP device, the CompactFlash card might become corrupted.
To remove a CTP module:
- Issue the halt command.
- Ground yourself by using an antistatic wrist strap or other device, and connect it to an ESD grounding jack, if available, or another grounding device.
- Use a Philips screwdriver to loosen the captive screws located at the top and bottom of the module panel.
- If the module has ejector handles, press the red release buttons, and pull the ejector handles outward to the open position.
- Carefully slide the module out of the chassis.
- Place the module in its antistatic bag, being careful not to touch module components, pins, leads or solder connections.
- Cover the empty chassis slot with a blank filler panel, and tighten the filler panel's captive screws using a Phillips screwdriver. Turn both screws several times before tightening them completely.