Packing a CTP151 Device or Component for Shipping
If you are returning a CTP151 device or component to Juniper Networks for repair or replacement, pack the item as described in this topic.
Before you pack a CTP151 device or component:
Ensure that you have taken the necessary precautions to prevent electrostatic discharge (ESD) damage.
Retrieve the original shipping carton and packing materials. Contact your JTAC representative if you do not have these materials, to learn about approved packing materials. See Contacting Customer Support to Obtain a Return Materials Authorization for a CTP151 Device.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available:
ESD grounding strap.
Antistatic bag, one for each component.
If you are returning the chassis, an appropriate screwdriver for the mounting screws used on your rack or cabinet.
Packing a CTP151 Device for Shipping
To pack a CTP151 device for shipping:
- Power off the CTP151 device and remove the power cables. See Powering Off the CTP151 Device.
- Remove the cables that connect the device to all external devices.
- Remove all field-replaceable units (FRUs) from the CTP151 device.
- Have one person support the weight of the device while another person unscrews and removes the mounting screws.
- Remove the device from the rack or cabinet and place the device in an antistatic bag.
- Place the device in the shipping carton.
- Place the packing foam on top and around the device.
- If you are returning accessories or FRUs with the device, pack them as instructed in Packing a CTP151 Device or Component for Shipping.
- Replace the accessory box on top of the packing foam.
- Close the top of the cardboard shipping box and seal it with packing tape.
- Write the RMA number on the exterior of the box to ensure proper tracking.
Packing CTP151 Device Components for Shipping
Do not stack the CTP151 device components. Return individual components in separate boxes if they do not fit together on one level in the shipping box.
To pack and ship CTP151 device components:
Place individual FRUs in antistatic bags.
Ensure that the components are adequately protected with packing materials and packed so that the pieces are prevented from moving around inside the carton.
Close the top of the cardboard shipping box and seal it with packing tape.
Write the RMA number on the exterior of the box to ensure proper tracking.