Mounting a CTP151 Device on Two Posts in a Rack
You can mount a CTP151 device on two posts of a 19-in. rack (either a two-post or a four-post rack). One pair of mounting brackets for mounting the device on two posts of a rack is supplied with each device. For mounting the device on a four-post rack, you can use the supplied two-post rack-mounting kit and secure the device to two of the posts.
Before mounting a CTP151 device on two posts in a rack:
Place the rack in its permanent location, allowing adequate clearance for airflow and maintenance, and secure it to the building structure.
Read CTP Safety Guidelines and Warnings.
Remove the device from the shipping carton.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available:
Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2
2 mounting brackets and 8 mounting screws (provided in the accessory box shipped with the device)
Screws to secure the chassis to the rack (not provided)
One person must be available to lift the device while another secures the device to the rack.
If you are mounting multiple devices on a rack, mount a device in the bottom of the rack first and proceed to mount the rest of the devices from bottom to top.
To mount the device on two posts in a rack:
- Place the device on a flat, stable surface.
- Align the mounting brackets along the front, rear, or center of the side panels of the device chassis depending on how you want to mount the device. For example, if you want to front-mount the device, align the brackets along the front of the side panel. See Figure 9.
- Align the bottom holes in the mounting brackets with holes on the side panels of the device chassis.
- Insert mounting screws into the aligned holes. Tighten the screws.
- Ensure that the other holes in the mounting brackets are aligned with the holes in the side panels. Insert a screw in each hole and tighten the screws.
- Have one person grasp both sides of the device, lift the device, and position it in the rack, aligning the mounting bracket holes with the threaded holes in the rack or cabinet rail. Align the bottom hole in both the mounting brackets with a hole in each rack rail, making sure the chassis is level. See Figure 10 and Figure 11.
- Have a second person secure the device to the rack by using the appropriate screws. Tighten the screws.
- Ensure that the device chassis is level by verifying that all screws on one side of the rack are aligned with the screws on the other side.