Assign Configuration Templates to a Device Template
To assign a configuration template to a device template, you must be an administrator or a user with the privilege to assign configuration template to a device template
To assign a configuration template to one or more device templates:
- Select Configuration > Templates > Config Templates.
The Configuration Templates page appears.
- Select the configuration template that you want to assign
and select More > Assign to Device Template.
The Assign To Device Templates page appears. This page lists the device templates to which you can assign the configuration template.
- Click the Set Initial Configuration to configure
initial values for the parameters defined in the configuration template.
These values are configured on the device when you assign the device
template to the device during device activation.
The Initial Configuration page appears.
- Assign initial values for the parameters and click OK.
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory.
You are returned to the Assign to Device Templates page.
- In the Assign to Device Templates page, under Device Templates, select one or more device templates to which you want to assign the configuration template.
- Click OK.
You are returned to the Configuration Templates page and a popup appears indicating whether the assignment is successful or has failed. If the assignment failed, you can retry the assignment or contact Juniper Networks support.
If the assignment is successful, you can navigate to the Device Templates page (Configuration > Templates > Device Templates) where you can view the configuration templates assigned to a device template; see Edit Configuration Templates Assigned to a Device Template.