Creating an NSRP Cluster
To create an NSRP cluster:
- In the NSM navigation tree, select Device Manager > Devices. Double-click the device object to open the device configuration.
- Click the Add icon and select Cluster.
- Follow the directions in the Add Device wizard to add
When you select the device model and ScreenOS version, remember that all devices in a cluster must be the same device model and run the same ScreenOS version.
- Right-click the cluster and select New > Cluster Member.
- Follow the directions in the Add Device wizard to import or model the cluster member.
When importing cluster device members, ensure that their device configurations are in sync (errors can occur in the import process if you attempt to import out-of-sync configurations).
Finally, configure the cluster and the cluster members (you must configure cluster members from within the cluster itself). To configure a cluster member:
- In the NSM navigation tree, select Device Manager > Cluster. Double-click the cluster object to open the cluster configuration.
- Select Members in the Cluster.
- Double-click the cluster member you want to configure to open its device configuration, then make your changes.
Most settings entered on one device in a cluster propagate to the other device, however, some configurations, such as setting NSRP authentication and encryption passwords, do not propagate. If you are using NSRP authentication and encryption passwords in the cluster, you need to configure the same information on all devices in the cluster.
For instructions for adding member devices to a cluster, see the Network and Security Manager Online Help topic “ Configuring NSRP Clusters."
For more information about configurations that do not propagate, see the Concepts & Examples ScreenOS Reference Guide: NSRP for ScreenOS 5.x or Concepts & Examples ScreenOS Reference Guide: High Availability.