Example: Configuring ICMP Router Discovery Protocol (NSM Procedure)
You can enable and disable IRDP and configure or view IRDP settings using NSM. When you enable IRDP on an interface, NSM initiates an immediate IRDP advertisement to the network. For information about configuring an interface, see the Network and Security Manager Administration Guide.
To configure IRDP for the trust interface:
- In the NSM navigation tree, select Device Manager > Devices.
- Select a security device and then double-click the device on which you want to define forced timeout. The device configuration appears.
- In the device navigation tree, select Network > Interface.
- Select a trust interface, and click Edit.
- In the interface navigation tree, select Protocol and select the IRDP tab.
- Select the Enable IRDP check box.
- Click OK to apply the settings.
Table 1 lists the IRDP parameters, default values, and available settings.
Table 1: IRDP Protocol Settings
Advertise—you can add a preference value (-1through 2147483647)
Init Advertise Interval after Enable
1 through 32 seconds
Init Advertise Packet Count
1 through 5
Three times the Max Advertise Interval value
Max Advertise Interval value through 9000 seconds
Max Advertise Interval
4 through 1800 seconds
Min Advertise Interval
75% of the Max Advertise Interval value
3 through Max Advertise Interval value
0 through 4 seconds