Set the Two P2MP Trees of Interest to be in the Same Diversity Group
After opening an existing specification file or creating a new specification file after configuration file import, you are ready to perform Diverse Multicast Tree design on two P2MP trees. The tool allows you to easily select the sub-LSPs that belong to a particular P2MP tree and then specify its Diversity Group. Two trees belong to the same Diversity Group if all the corresponding sub-LSPs have been marked with the same Diversity Group name.
- To set the Diversity Group name for the sub-LSPs, first go to Modify mode and bring up the Modify Tunnels window via Modify > Elements > Tunnels.
- Next select all the sub-LSPs for the two P2MP trees of interest and click on Modify>Selected button.
- From the Modify Tunnels Window, click on the Type button to bring up the Tunnel Type Parameter Generation window.
- Next, click on the Diversity tab and fill in a name inside the Diversity Group fill-in/dropdown combo button, as shown in the following figure.
- After clicking OK, the Type field for each tunnel modified should contain the DC_BLACK flag in it, as shown in the following figure. In NorthStar Planner, the sub-LSPs for a particular Diversity Group are marked with D followed by the Diversity Group name in the type field.