L2M (Layer2-Martini) VPN
The L2M (Layer2 Martini) VPN, based on the IETF Martini set of drafts, supports the configuration of Layer2 Martini, AToM (Any Transport Over MPLS), and VLL (Virtual Leased Line) VPNs. The following steps illustrate how to configure a L2M VPN:
- Bring up the Add VPN window by selecting Layer 2 Martini. Then type in a circuit name by filling in the Ckt.Name box (e.g., L2Martini_1).
- Click on Next to take you to the Common Properties window to select the two PEs. You may then assign a VCID for the circuit. You may also optionally assign a bandwidth value for the circuit.
- Click on Next to take you to the screen where you can specify or add the (PE facing CE) interfaces as needed. The following figures illustrate the adding of the interface ge-1/1/0.98 and assigning of the VLAN ID 98 to the JUNIPER_EDGE_B router. This window is opened by selecting the JUNIPER_EDGE_B router from the upper left list of PEs and then clicking the “Add” button above the lower right list of interfaces for the selected router. The same steps are used to add the interface and to assign the VLAN ID to the JUNIPER_EDGE_A router.
- The following figure shows the result of both interfaces assigned, after selecting each PE router, adding the appropriate sub-interface to the interface list in the bottom right, and then dragging and dropping that new interface to the appropriate PE in the PE list.
- Next, click on the Details tab to take you to the following
screen, where the VCID and Encapsulation can be assigned. Note that
the VCID only needs to be assigned if it was not already done so in
the Common Properties window. The LSPs can also be assigned if necessary.
The following figure shows both the VCID and the encapsulation assigned.
Note that the Encapsulation drop-down can take on the values as described in the following table.
For Juniper, the interface encapsulation types include: aal0, atm-aal5, atm-ccc-vc-mux, atm-cell, atm-cell-port-mode, atm-cell-vc-mode, atm-cell-vp-mode, cisco-hdlc, ethernet, ethernet-vlan, frame, frame-relay, frame-relay-ccc, interworking, and ppp.
For Cisco, the interface encapsulation types include: aal0, aal5, dot1Q, frame-relay, hdlc, and ppp.
- Next click Finish to complete the adding of the L2M VPN. The following figures show both the single and summary topology (with the added Martini circuit highlighted in pink) views for the L2M VPN just added.