Configuring the Physical Servers and Nodes for the Contrail Cloud Implementation in a Centralized Deployment
For a centralized deployment, you must configure the physical servers and nodes in the Contrail Cloud implementation and install Contrail OpenStack on the server cluster before you run the installer.
To install Contrail OpenStack:
- Configure hostnames for the physical servers and nodes.
- Configure IP addresses for the Ethernet management ports of the physical servers and nodes.
- Configure DNS on the physical servers and nodes, and ensure that DNS is working correctly.
- Configure Internet access for the physical servers and nodes.
- From each server and node, verify that you can ping the IP addresses and hostnames of all the other servers and nodes in the Contrail Cloud implementation.
- Using Contrail Server Manager, install Contrail OpenStack
on the server cluster and set up the roles of the Contrail nodes in
You configure an OpenStack Keystone on the primary Contrail controller node in the central Contrail Cloud implementation, and also use this Keystone for:
Regional Contrail configure and control nodes
Redundant configure and control nodes in the central Contrail Cloud implementation
Refer to the Contrail documentation for information about installing Contrail OpenStack and configuring the nodes.
- For each node, use the ETCD keys to specify the same username
and password for Contrail.
CSO uses the BASIC authentication mechanism to establish a connection to Contrail.