Configuring the Physical Servers in a Distributed Deployment
For a distributed deployment, you must configure the Contrail Service Orchestration (CSO) and Contrail Analytics servers (or nodes, if you are using a node server) before you run the installer.
To configure the servers:
- Configure hostnames for the physical servers.
- Configure IP addresses for the Ethernet management ports of the physical servers.
- Configure DNS on the physical servers, and ensure that DNS is working correctly.
- Configure Internet access for the physical servers and nodes.
- From each server and node, verify that you can ping the IP addresses and hostnames of all the other servers and nodes in the distributed deployment.
- For a production environment, install Contrail OpenStack
on the Contrail Analytics server.
Refer to the Contrail documentation for information about installing Contrail OpenStack.