Removing an EX4200, EX4500, or EX4550 Switch From a Mixed Virtual Chassis (CLI Procedure)
This topic explains how to remove a switch from a mixed Virtual Chassis. It also explains how to reconfigure the Virtual Chassis in cases in which you are removing the switches to convert a mixed Virtual Chassis into an EX4200 Virtual Chassis, an EX4500 Virtual Chassis, or an EX4550 Virtual Chassis.
If you want to replace a member switch of a Virtual Chassis that only contains the same type of member switches, see Removing or Replacing a Member Switch of a Virtual Chassis Configuration.
To remove a switch from a mixed Virtual Chassis:
- Power off and disconnect the member switch that is being removed from the Virtual Chassis.
- If the Virtual Chassis configuration was preprovisioned, remove the switch from the preprovisioned configuration. See Removing or Replacing a Member Switch of a Virtual Chassis Configuration. If the Virtual Chassis was nonprovisioned, change the primary-role priority values of each member switch as needed to reconfigure the Virtual Chassis roles. See Configuring Primary Role of a Virtual Chassis.
NoteIf you are removing the last EX4200 switch from a mixed Virtual Chassis, disable mixed Virtual Chassis mode for all of the switches in the Virtual Chassis:
You only have to set mixed mode when configuring an EX4200 switch into a Virtual Chassis that has EX4500 or EX4550 switches. You, therefore, do not have to have this setting unless an EX4200 switch is in your Virtual Chassis.
user@switch> request virtual-chassis mode mixed disable all-members
Reboot all member switching the Virtual Chassis to complete this step:
user@switch> request system reboot all-members
- If you want to place the removed switch back onto the
network as a standalone switch, disable mixed Virtual Chassis mode
on the switch:
user@switch> request virtual-chassis mode mixed disable
- (EX4500 switch only) Set the PIC mode on the removed switch
user@switch> request chassis pic-mode intraconnect
You only need to perform this step if you want to put the EX4500 switch back onto the network as a standalone switch.
- Reboot the standalone switch so the new settings can take effect.