Configuring Softwire Rules
You configure softwire rules to instruct the router how to direct traffic to the addresses specified for 6rd or DS-Lite softwire concentrators. Softwire rules do not perform any filtration of the traffic. They do not include a from statement, and the only option in the then statement is to specify the address of the 6rd or DS-Lite softwire concentrator.
Softwire rules are supported on Multiservices 100, 400, and 500 PICs on M Series routers, and on MX Series routers equipped with Multiservices DPCs. Starting in Junos OS release 17.4R1, softwire rules for DS-Lite are supported on MX Series routers with MS-MPCs and MS-MICs.Starting in Junos OS release 19.2R1, softwire rules for DS-Lite are supported on MX Virtual Chassis and MX Broadband Network Gateway (BNG) routers.
You can create a softwire rule consisting of one or more terms and associate a particular 6rd or DS-Lite softwire concentrator with each term. You can include the softwire rule in service sets along with other services rules.
To configure a softwire rule:
- Assign a name to the rule.[edit services softwire ]user@host# edit rule rule-name
- Specify the match direction.[edit services softwire rule rule-name]user@host# set match-direction (input | output)
- Assign a name for the first term.[edit services softwire rule rule-name]user@host# edit term term-name
- Associate a 6rd or DS-Lite softwire concentrator with
this term.[edit services softwire rule rule-name term term-name]user@host# set then ds-lite name
Oruser@host# set then v6rd v6rd-softwire-concentator
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for as many additional terms as needed.