Configuring an IGP and the LDP Signaling Protocol (CLI Procedure)
The following instructions show how to configure LDP and OSPF on PE routers and provider routers. Within the task, you specify which interfaces to enable for LDP. Perform this step on each PE router interface and provider router interface that communicates with other PE routers and provider routers. For OSPF, you configure at least one area on at least one of the router's interfaces. (An AS can be divided into multiple areas.) These instructions use the backbone area 0.0.0.0 and show how to enable traffic engineering for Layer 2 VPN circuits.
To configure LDP and OSPF:
- Enable the ldp protocol. user@host# edit protocols ldp
You must configure the IGP at the [protocols] level of the configuration hierarchy, not within the routing instance at the [routing-instances] level of the configuration hierarchy.
- Specify which interfaces to enable for LDP. [edit protocols ldp]user@host# edit interface interface-name
- Configure OSPF for each interface that uses LDP. user@host# edit protocols ospf area 0.0.0.0 interface interface-name
- (Layer 2 VPN circuits only) Enable traffic engineering. [edit protocols ospf]user@host# set traffic engineering
- Commit the configuration if you are finished configuring
the device. user@host# commit