Modifying a TDF Domain
This procedure describes how to use maintenance mode to modify a TDF domain. Options include modifying such parameters as TDF domain, mobile-interface, address filtering, AAA parameters, session characteristics, and access interfaces. You must first halt new sessions from being started and verify that there are no active sessions remaining.
To change a TDF domain for a group of subscribers that belong to that domain:
- From configuration mode, activate maintenance mode for
an TDF domain.user@host# set unified-edge gateways tdf gateway-name domains domain-name service-mode maintenanceuser@host# commit
- Verify that the TDF domain is in maintenance mode.user@host# run show unified-edge tdf domains service-mode
This command displays the service-mode status for all the TDF domains. You can verify the status for the specific TDF domain and take action accordingly.
The service mode for the TDF domain shows Maintenance – Active Phase if all the sessions using this TDF domain are cleared. The service mode for the TDF domain shows Maintenance - In Phase if some sessions are actively using this TDF domain.
- Verify that no subscribers are active on the TDF domain. user@host# run show unified-edge tdf subscribers | match domain-name
- (Optional) Terminate sessions on a TDF domain using the clear command.user@host# run clear unified-edge tdf subscribers domain domain-name gateway gateway-name
- When the subscriber count is zero and all sessions have
ended, make and commit changes to the TDF domain in active maintenance
These modifications must be made in active maintenance mode or they fail.
- Modify the TDF domain and commit the changes.
- Exit maintenance mode and commit the changes.user@host# delete unified-edge gateways tdf gateway-name domains domain-name service-modeuser@host# commit
- Verify that changes were properly committed.user@host# run show configuration unified-edge gateways tdf gateway-name tdf-services domains domain-name
The command output displays the configuration changes you made to the TDF domain.
- Return the gateway to operational state.user@host# run show unified-edge tdf gateway service-mode
Although maintenance mode does not explicitly include AAA options, certain AAA changes require you to place affected TDF domains in maintenance mode first. These changes include changing an AAA profile name and changing authorization or accounting elements. If you attempt to make AAA changes that affect a TDF domain that is not in maintenance mode, you are prompted to place the appropriate TDF domain into maintenance mode before proceeding with AAA profile name or element changes.