Help us improve your experience.

Let us know what you think.

Do you have time for a two-minute survey?

Example: Configuring Segmented and Interpolated Style Profiles

 

This example shows how to configure segmented and interpolated style profiles.

Requirements

No special configuration beyond device initialization is required before configuring this feature.

Overview

In this example, you configure the segmented style profile by setting the drop probability to 25 percent when the queue is 25 percent full. The drop probability increases to 50 percent when the queue is 50 percent full. You set the drop probability to 75 percent when the queue is 75 percent full and finally the drop probability is set to 95 percent when the queue is 100 percent full.

Then you configure the interpolated style profile and set the fill level to 50 percent and 75 percent. Finally you set the drop probability to 25 percent and later to 50 percent.

Configuration

Configuring Segmented Style Profiles

CLI Quick Configuration

To quickly configure segmented style profiles, copy the following commands and paste them into the CLI:

Step-by-Step Procedure

The following example requires you to navigate various levels in the configuration hierarchy. For instructions on how to do that, see Using the CLI Editor in Configuration Mode.

To configure segmented style profiles:

  1. Configure class of service.
  2. Configure segmented style profile.
  3. Specify fill levels and drop probabilities.

Results

From configuration mode, confirm your configuration by entering the show class-of-service command. If the output does not display the intended configuration, repeat the configuration instructions in this example to correct it.

If you are done configuring the device, enter commit from configuration mode.

Configuring Interpolated Style Profiles

CLI Quick Configuration

To quickly configure interpolated style profiles, copy the following commands and paste them into the CLI:

Step-by-Step Procedure

The following example requires you to navigate various levels in the configuration hierarchy. For instructions on how to do that, see Using the CLI Editor in Configuration Mode.

To configure interpolated style profile:

  1. Configure class of service.
  2. Configure interpolated style profile.
  3. Specify fill levels.
  4. Specify drop probabilities.

Results

From configuration mode, confirm your configuration by entering the show class-of-service command. If the output does not display the intended configuration, repeat the configuration instructions in this example to correct it.

If you are done configuring the device, enter commit from configuration mode.

Verification

To confirm that the configuration is working properly, perform these tasks:

Verifying Segmented Style Profile Configuration

Purpose

Verify that the segmented style profile is configured properly.

Action

From configuration mode, enter the show class-of-service command.

Verifying Interpolated Style Profile Configuration

Purpose

Verify that the interpolated style profile is configured properly.

Action

From configuration mode, enter the show class-of-service command.

Related Documentation