Example: Configuring a VPN Routing Instance for CLNS
This example shows how to create a CLNS routing instance and set the instance type for Layer 3 VPNs.
Before you begin, configure the network interfaces. See Interfaces User Guide for Security Devices.
The following example shows how to create a CLNS routing instance called aaaa and set the instance type to VRF for Layer 3 VPNs. Within the example, you specify that the lo0.1 interface, e1–2/0/0.0 interface, and t1–3/0/0.0 interface all belong to the routing instance. The route distinguisher is set as 10.255.245.1:1 and the policy for the Layer 3 VRF table is set as target:11111:1.
CLI Quick Configuration
To quickly configure this example, copy the following commands, paste them into a text file, remove any line breaks, change any details necessary to match your network configuration, copy and paste the commands into the CLI at the  hierarchy level, and then enter commit from configuration mode.
The following example requires you to navigate various levels in the configuration hierarchy. For instructions on how to do that, see Using the CLI Editor in Configuration Mode.
To configure a VPN routing instance:
- Create the routing instance.user@host# edit routing-instances aaaa
- Specify the routing instance type.[edit routing-instances aaaa]user@host# set instance-type vrf
- Specify the interfaces that belong to the routing instance.[edit routing-instances aaaa]user@host# set interface lo0.1user@host# set interface ge-0/0/3user@host# set interface ge-0/0/2
- Specify the route distinguisher.[edit routing-instances aaaa]user@host# set route-distinguisher 10.255.245.1:1
- Specify the policy for the Layer 3 VRF table.[edit routing-instances aaaa]user@host# set vrf-target target:11111:1
- Enable family ISO on the interfaces edit interfaces interface-name
unit-id.[edit routing-instances aaaa]user@host# set family ISO
From configuration mode, confirm your configuration by entering the show routing-instances command. If the output does not display the intended configuration, repeat the configuration instructions in this example to correct it.
If you are done configuring the device, enter commit from configuration mode.
Verifying the Configured CLNS Routing Instance
Confirm that the configuration is working properly.
Verify that the CLNS routing instance is configured.
From operational mode, enter the show routing-instances command.