Example: Configuring IS-IS for CLNS
This example shows how to create a routing instance and enable IS-IS protocol on all interfaces.
Before you begin, configure the network interfaces. See Interfaces User Guide for Security Devices.
The configuration instructions in this topic describe how to create a routing-instance called aaaa, enable IS-IS on all interfaces, and define BGP export policy name (dist-bgp), family (ISO), and protocol (BP), and apply the export policy to IS-IS.
CLI Quick Configuration
To quickly configure this example, copy the following commands, paste them into a text file, remove any line breaks, change any details necessary to match your network configuration, copy and paste the commands into the CLI at the  hierarchy level, and then enter commit from configuration mode.
The following example requires you to navigate various levels in the configuration hierarchy. For instructions on how to do that, see Using the CLI Editor in Configuration Mode.
To configure IS-IS for CLNS:
- Configure the routing instance.user@host# edit routing-instances aaaa
- Enable CLNS routing.[edit routing-instances aaaa]user@host# set protocols isis clns-routing
- Enable IS-IS on all interfaces.[edit routing-instances aaaa]user@host# set protocols isis interface all
- (Optional) Disable IPv4 and IPv6 routing to configure
a pure CLNS network .[edit routing-instances aaaa]user@host# set protocols isis no-ipv4-routing no-ipv6-routing
- Define the BGP export policy name, family, and protocol.[edit policy-options]user@host# set policy-statement dist-bgp from family iso protocol bgp
- Define the action for the export policy.[edit policy-options]user@host# set policy-statement dist-bgp then accept
- Apply the export policy to IS-IS.[edit routing-instances aaaa]user@host# set protocols isis export dist-bgp
From configuration mode, confirm your configuration by entering the show routing-instances command. If the output does not display the intended configuration, repeat the configuration instructions in this example to correct it.
If you are done configuring the device, enter commit from configuration mode.
Confirm that the configuration is working properly.
Verifying Routing-Instance for CLNS
Verify that the policy options are enabled for the routing instance.
From operational mode, enter the show routing-instances command.
Verifying IS-IS for CLNS
Verify that IS-IS is enabled.
From operational mode, enter the show protocols command.