Migration, Upgrade, and Downgrade Instructions for QFX5110 and QFX5200 Switches
This section contains the procedure to upgrade Junos OS, and the upgrade and downgrade policies for Junos OS.
Downloading Software Files with a Browser
To download the software package from the Juniper Networks Support website, go to https://support.juniper.net/support/ .
To access the download site, you must have a service contract
with Juniper Networks and an access account. If you need help obtaining
an account, complete the registration form at the Juniper Networks
This procedure shows you how to upgrade software on QFX5200 and QFX5110 switches. The upgrade process is the same for both switches.
- Using a Web browser, navigate to https://support.juniper.net/support/.
- Click Download Software.
- In the By Technology box, click Switching | QFX Series | QFX5200.
- In the QFX Series section, click the name of the platform for which you want to download software.
- Click the Software tab and
select the install package from the Install Package box.
A login screen appears.
- Enter your name and password and press Enter.
- Read the End User License Agreement, click the I agree radio button, and then click Proceed.
- Save the jinstall-qfx-5e<version>-domestic-signed.tgz file on your computer.
- Open or save the installation package either to the local system in the var/tmp directory or to a remote location. If you are saving the installation package to a remote system, make sure that you can access it using HTTP, TFTP, FTP, or scp.
Backing Up the Current Configuration Files
Before you install the new installation package, we strongly recommend that you back up your current configuration files, because the upgrade process removes all of the stored files on the switch.
To back up your current configuration files:
user@host# save filename filename
Executing this command saves a copy of your configuration files to a remote location such as an external USB device.
Installing the Software
On the switch, use the force-host option to force-install the latest version of the Host OS. However, by default, if the Host OS version is different from the one that is already installed on the switch, the latest version is installed without using the force-host option.
If the installation package resides locally on the switch, execute the request system software add <pathname><source> reboot command.
user@host> request system software add /var/tmp/jinstall-qfx-5e-15.1X53-D220.n-domestic.tgz reboot
If the Install Package resides remotely from the switch, execute the request system software add <pathname><source> reboot command.
user@host> request system software add ftp://ftpserver/directory/jinstall-qfx-5e-15.1X53-D220.n-domestic.tgz reboot
After the reboot has finished, verify that the new version of software has been properly installed by executing the show version command.
user@host> show version