Performing a Configuration Audit
A configuration audit can help you determine whether the service configuration on the device has been changed out of band. To this end, you can compare the results of a configuration audit with the service configuration in the Junos Space database. The following example shows a sample comparison.
To perform a configuration audit:
- In the Network Activate task pane, select Service Provisioning > Manage Services.
- In the Manage Services page, select the service you want to investigate.
- Open the Actions menu and select Perform Configuration Audit.
- In the Schedule Configuration Audit window,
Select Audit Now, then click OK.
An Audit Information window appears, providing a link to details about the audit in the Job Management workspace, and an OK button.
Select Audit Later, enter a date and time, then click OK.
- To monitor the progress of an audit after selecting Audit Now, click the Job ID in the Audit Information window. The Job Management page shows information about
the functional audit job.
The State field indicates whether the service passed or failed the audit. If the service failed the audit, then the Summary field provides information about the failure.
To monitor the progress of an audit after selecting Audit Later, after the scheduled time of the audit:
- In the Network Activate task pane, select Jobs .
- In the Job Types chart, select the Configuration Audit segment of the pie chart.
- Select the configuration audit of interest from the list
on the Job Management page.
Summary information about the audit appears in the quick look panel.
- In the filter bar, select the table view icon to see additional information about the job. If the service failed the audit, information about the failure appears in the Summary field.
- In the Audit Information window, click the
job ID of the configuration audit.
The Job Management window appears and shows a filtered view of the job inventory, showing only the configuration audit job.
If a resynchronization between a device and the Junos Space database is ongoing when the configuration audit job starts, the configuration audit job suspends until the resynchronization job finishes. If the resynchronization job fails to complete, the audit could be suspended indefinitely. To allow the audit to proceed, go to the Job Management workspace and cancel the resynchronization job, as described in Canceling a Job.
- In the State column, check the status of the
audit to determine whether it succeeded or failed.
Check the Summary column, which contains useful service information such as the VC ID and endpoint information. For some failed deployments, this column also contains information about why the deployment failed.
For details about using the Job Management workspace, see Viewing Jobs in the Junos Space Network Application Platform User Guide.