Validating a Service Order
This procedure validates a service order but does not push the configuration to the device. Use this procedure to perform the following tasks:
Validate a service request in the REQUESTED state.
Validate a service request in the INVALID state after making necessary configuration changes on one or more PE devices associated with the service order.
To schedule a service order for validation, follow these steps:
- In the Network Activate task pane, select Service Provisioning.
- In the Service Order States pie chart, click
the Requested or Failed Deployment segment.
The Manage Service Orders page shows only those service orders in the Requested state.
- Select the service order you want to validate and save.
- Open the Actions menu and click Validate
The Schedule Service Request Validation window appears.
- You can validate a service now or at some future time:
To validate the service immediately, select Validate now, and click OK.
To validate the service at a later time, select Validate later, select a date and time for deployment, and then click OK.
When specifying a time to validate the service, the time field specifies the time kept by the server, but in the time zone of the client.
After scheduling the service order for validation, the provisioning software begins validating the service order.
- Click on the Job ID in the Job Management window to view details about the service validation.
- Use the Jobs workspace to monitor the outcome of the validation. See Viewing Scheduled Jobs in the Junos Space Network Application Platform User Guide for details about the Jobs workspace.