Viewing Alarms from a Fabric Node
Starting with Junos Space Network Management Platform Release 15.2R1, you can view information about alarms from a fabric node by using the Administration workspace. There are two categories of alarms: acknowledged and outstanding. You must enable the Network Monitoring functionality from the Administration > Applications > Network Management Platform > Manage Services page to view the list of alarms.
This task is enabled only for the FMPM node and Junos Space nodes with the SNMP service enabled. You must be assigned appropriate network monitoring privileges to execute this task.
To view information about alarms from a fabric node:
- On the Junos Space Network Management Platform user interface,
select Administration > Fabric.
The Fabric page that appears displays all the nodes in the Junos Space Platform fabric.
- Right-click a node whose alarm information you need to
view and select View Fabric Node Alarms.
The View Fabric Node Alarms page that appears displays the list of outstanding alarms for that node, in a table.
The Alarms(s) outstanding search constraint is applied by default and cannot be removed. You can toggle between the Alarm(s) outstanding constraint and the Alarm(s) acknowledged constraint, which displays the list of acknowledged alarms for the selected node, by clicking the minus (–) icon.
To know more about the fields displayed in the table, refer to the Viewing Details of an Alarm and Acting on an Alarm section of the Viewing and Managing Alarms topic.
- (Optional) To view alarms on all nodes, click the (–)
icon corresponding to the node filter in the Search Constraints field.
The View Fabric Node Alarms page displays the list of outstanding or acknowledged alarms for all nodes.
You can perform the following tasks on the View Fabric Node Alarms page:
- Acknowledge, unacknowledge, clear, or escalate one or more alarms, or acknowledge the entire list of outstanding alarms for the selected node. For more information, refer to the Viewing Details of an Alarm and Acting on an Alarm section of the Viewing and Managing Alarms topic.
- Toggle between the summary and detailed views of alarms
for the selected node:
- Click the Long Listing link at the top of the page for a detailed view.
- Click the Short Listing link at the top of the page for a summary view.
- View the severity levels for alarms.
- Click the Severity Legend link at the top of the page.
- Click Back (at the top-left corner) to return to the Administration > Fabric page.